* Home * Pictures * Videos * Quotes * Hairstyles * Fashion * Celebrity Babies Tila Tequila: Naked, Drunk, Jealous, Appa

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Mischa Barton became a bit flustered on The View today when she was asked about her recent hospitalization, calling debate over the whole thing "silly."

While she admits she was "completely overwhelmed" by life, the star of the CW's The Beautiful Life (debuting next Wednesday) says it's no big whoop.

"I mean, really it was blown out of proportion, so it's kind of silly now to be talking about it because I'm so fine now," she said. "It was sort of one of those things that was like a perfect storm. Everything happened at once."

When Barbara Walters pointed out that she was placed in a psychiatric ward (not voluntarily, either), Barton shifted gears, blaming it on dental work.

"Right, I mean, it was just ... I had too much work going on. I had surgery for my wisdom teeth that went badly. I was in the hospital," the waif said.

"I had two surgeries on my wisdom teeth. I had four taken out and they got it badly wrong. They had to drill into my jaw, I was in excruciating pain."

"I had an infection and was trying to take the minimum amount of painkillers and get through it because I had to go to work and go do this show."

Poor Mischa

So why was Mischa Barton put in a psychiatric ward if her pain was physical?

"I was going to Europe. I was going to London. I had things to do and I was prepping for photo shoots. I had so much work to do and the surgery had gone so badly. And I think that I was just starting to feel completely overwhelmed."

"When they take you into the hospital for something when it goes wrong if you're having a meltdown and you say something like 'I feel like I want to die,' ... they start injecting you with things to calm down," she explained (or tried).

"Like I'm petrified of needles. Like absolutely petrified ... you can't come anywhere ... I had my blood drawn once in my life for my insurance."

Umm ... okay then.

"I just figure that if you hit rock bottom like that ... and you're around people, you know, you realize I'm nothing like these people," Barton continued.

"I have a career, I worked so hard for it. I'm such a positive, really happy person and ... I think it was a wakeup call for me about respecting life more."

Well, that last part makes sense at least. We hope she's feeling better. And decides to eat a little more. That tends to help provide nutrients and stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP