Chris Brown Does in Fact Recall Rihanna Pounding

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

He's ashamed, regretful and terribly sorry. But he is not forgetful.

Chris Brown is clarifying what he calls "incorrect" reports about his quote on Larry King Live (airing tomorrow night) about his vicious assault on Rihanna.

Reports state - and preview clips appear to show (see below) - that Brown says he does not even remember whomping on his girlfriend February 8.

Here's what Chris Brown has to say about it in a statement:

"There have been reports on the Internet that I didn't remember what happened that night with Rihanna. I want to try and set things straight."

"That 30 seconds of the interview they used of me was taken from a one hour interview during which that same question was asked 4-5 times – and when you look at the entire interview you will see it is not representative of what I said."

"The first four times - however many times it was - I gave the same answer, which was that I didn't think it was appropriate to talk about that night."

"I said it was not right for me and it wasn't fair to Rihanna. The fifth time, I just misspoke. I was asked, 'Do you remember doing it?' and I said, 'No.'"

Brown in Blue

"Of course I remember what happened. Several times during the interview, my mother said that I came to her right afterwards and told her everything."

"But it was and still is a blur. I still can't believe it happened because it is not me or who I am, nor is what happened like anything I've ever done before."

"As I've said several times, I am ashamed of and sorry for what happened that night and wish I could relive that moment and change things, but I can't."

"I take full responsibility for my actions. What I have to do now is to prove to the world that this was an isolated incident and that is not who I am.

"I intend to do so by my behavior now and in the future."

With the sentencing behind him, Brown is eager to start court-ordered counseling: "I want to find out what really transpired as far as me that night. I just want to talk to [the counselor], someone who has dealt with this."

"I think it would be helpful for me to learn how to channel [the anger] and understand my feelings," says the 20-year-old singer of his rage issues.

Brown says he'd never claim to have forgotten the assault or spend time defending himself: "I feel like there's no need to make any excuses. At all."

Follow the jump to see Brown's quote that he says was a mistake ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP