Shawne Merriman: Tila Tequila Was Drunk

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

The Labor Day weekend arrest of San Diego Chargers star Shawne Merriman has seen comments from attorneys, police officials and even the Chargers GM A.J. Smith, but none of the parties actually involved had commented - until now.

Shawne Merriman sent a statement to FOX Sports regarding the incident that led to a "citizen's arrest" filed by reality TV star Tila Tequila against him. She says Merriman assaulted her, choked her and physically restrained her.

Merriman's side of the story? Tila Tequila, his girlfriend, was drunk and out of control, and he was only acting to keep her safe. His statement reads:

"On September 6, 2009 the San Diego Sheriff's Department responded to a citizen's complaint that was initiated by Tila Nguyen (a.k.a. Tila Tequila).

I was taken into custody based upon that complaint. At the time, I was concerned about her welfare given the intoxicated state she appeared to be in and I encouraged her to stay until safe transportation could be provided.

Shawne Merriman PicNot a Hottie

Shawne Merriman and Tila Tequila were/are apparently dating!

We would all do our best to help a friend if we considered their actions to be detrimental to their safety. I in no way caused any harm to Ms. Tila Nguyen.

However, paramedics were called and she was examined but no injuries were reported. She was released and has since returned to Los Angeles, California.

There have been no charges filed against me. I want to thank the San Diego Sheriff's Department for their professionalism. I will continue to cooperate fully.

I look forward to clearing my name regarding these false allegations. I want to put this behind me so I can focus on a successful season for the Chargers."

Neither Tila Tequila nor her reps wanted to comment ... well, except for by bombarding her Twitter page. Here's what she says about Shawne's allegations that she was drunk. No way that's possible, because, obviously:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP