Demi Lovato Discusses Eating Disorder Struggle

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Posted April 9th, 2011
Hoping to provide some insight and inspiration to fellow teenage girls, Demi Lovato opened up about her personal struggle with an eating disorder.
The new "Seventeen" magazine contributing editor offered this to readers, “If you are going through that dark period, go to your family and closest friends. Don’t put yourself in danger. It’s very crucial that you get your feelings out - but don’t ever inflict harm on your own body because your body is so sacred. I wish I could tell every young girl with an eating disorder, or who has harmed herself in any way, that she’s worthy of life and that her life has meaning. You can overcome and get through anything.”
Revealing the constant temptation to fall back on old habits, she told, “Yes, there have been times when I definitely have been tempted to get rid of my dinner. But I will deal with it for the rest of my life because it’s a life-long disease. I don’t think there’s going to be a day when I don’t think about food or my body, but I’m living with it, and I wish I could tell young girls to find their safe place and stay with it.”
Demi also disclosed the steps she takes to keep herself safe, saying, “I don’t let anyone’s insecurities, emotions, or opinions bother me. I know that if I am happy, that’s all that matters to me. And it’s okay to be selfish like that sometimes, when it comes to your well-being. Do what makes you happy, and don’t care what others think.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP