Adam Lambert to American Idol Producer: No Struggles Here!

Wednesday, April 14, 2010


Awhile back, we got into a tiff with Adam Lambert fans because we told them to "chill out."
We argued that their over-the-top support of this singer, their rush to defend him at all times, was condescending and sometimes unnecessary. Adam is a big boy, we reasoned, he can take care of himself when the time calls for it.
Very recent case in point: after American Idol producer Ken Warwick said he hopes Lambert's appearance on the show this week helps the singer's "struggling" career, Adam replied on his own.
While acknowledging how "sweet" this sentiment is, Adam told Entertainment Weekly: “I don’t feel like I’m struggling at all. I think things are right where they need to be. My single ‘What Do You Want From Me,’ is just breaking into the Top 10 right now.”
It's true. The song, which Adam will perform live tonight on Idol, is currently at number-13 on Billboard’s Pop chart, and number-23 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Former Idol on Idol
What did Adam think of his experience as a mentor?
“I’m really glad that they had me on the show,” he said. “I really enjoyed helping the other contestants... It was a trip being out there. My mom was sitting next to me tonight, and she was like, ‘This is what it used to be like for us! We used to sit here and we got so nervous and we’d be chewing our gum really hard and we’d be going Oh god, I hope he does a good job!‘”
Below, watch a clip of Lambert giving advice to Lee DeWyze... who  proceeded to perform what many considered to be the top rendition of the night.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP