Chaz Bono: Jennifer Elia is My Rock

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Jennifer Elia, the girlfriend of Chaz Bono, was completely supportive of her partner's decision to undergo a sex change operation and become a man.

Quite the display of strength and quite the departure from the countless celebrity relationships we've talked about that fizzle out over minute details.

Chaz Bono says his gender reassignment surgery allows the two to physically have what they've always had emotionally: a heterosexual relationship.

"She's been amazing," Bono, who underwent the operation this summer, told ET.

"I really feel so grateful to be going through this with a partner."

Chaz Bono, Jennifer Ella

Chaz Bono's operation by no means caught Jennifer Elia off guard.

She knew his intention to do this from the start, Bono says: "I didn't just spring this on Jennifer recently. This was something she knew about shortly after we met. Our relationship always modeled a heterosexual relationship."

"This was true emotionally and intellectually. Now it is physically as well."

Chaz Bono, whose voice is drastically lower and has been shaving once a week now, says he feels relieved, as in his mind, he's always been a male.

"I feel like I'm living in my body for the first time, and it feels really good," said the child of Cher, who was also supportive of Chaz's sex change.

"The one thing that will never change is my abiding love for my child," she said.

Click here for more Chaz Bono pictures.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template The Beach by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP